Here are some changes coming to Rite Aid’s Bonus Cash in the coming weeks:
We have listened to your feedback from our customers and plan to make some enhancements to the program in the coming weeks, which include:
- Improved receipt messaging including tallying a customer’s accumulated amount.
- Ability to redeem a large Bonus Cash Rewards at lower increments (partial redemption).
- Allow a customer to choose whether or not they want to redeem their Bonus Cash in a particular transaction.
In the meantime, please huddle with your team and reinforce these points to better help our customers understand Bonus Cash:
- When a customer earned a bonus cash reward, please point out the reward to them by highlighting or circling the reward on their receipt.
- If a customer asks what rewards they have earned, you can look it up on the register by pressing the green Card Status button (after scanning their Plenti card or entering their phone number lookup).
- Remind customers that rewards will be available for use on the next business day following the earned and are available for 60 days.
- Remind customers that the reward amount will automatically be deducted from their next purchase, provided the net purchase amount of eligible products is greater than the Bonus Cash Reward value after all Gold/Silver discounts are applied.
One last awareness item: When a customer presents paper coupons, paper coupons trump (will be accepted before) Bonus cash, but there are some corner cases where Bonus Cash can prevent the use of a paper coupon. We are fixing these corner cases over the next couple of months, but in the meantime, if you have this issue, you can scan the paper coupons before entering the customer’s Plenti/Welness+ number to get it through.
Lacy Jones says
With bonus cash, in a transaction where you need to purchase a set dollar amount to get bonus cash, is it before or after coupons?